A Nurse's Beauty - Must - Have





Long night shifts, whether 12 hours or 16 hours duty, quick bites of sandwhich or a piece of chocolate candy, a seconds of toilet visit or non-visit at all - a nurse's daily routine isn't always healthy. Hospital work is so chaotic and being presentable will always be challenging. It doesn't to be that way. 

In truth, few things can make a nurse feel pretty and good about herself after a long hours of work. You just need to invest on some beauty essentials to appear fresh - faced and ready to conquer the day. Consider them as epinephrine to give your heart a beat!


I have compiled a list of beauty product must-haves that I daily use and bring to work. These basic and  subtle cosmetics are designed  for a glamor yet not-raising eyebrow look.

1. Eight- Hour Coverage - Infallible Pro - Matte and Ellana Loose Mineral Foundation are my go-to  coverage. I used them alternately, or sometimes I combined the liquid and mineral foundation for a smooth, non-greasy and full coverage look. I love these two products because they both control my oiliness on my face, plus they still give me a fresh - glowing look.


2. Effective Concealer to hide your bag - The hero of my panda eyes were Ellana Mineral Concealer and Loreal Infallable Full Wear Concealer.  If I'm in a rush going to work, I skip foundation and pat directly a concealer product on areas that needs to hide like blemishes, dark spots and my under eye dark circles. These make up products were totally amazing because it does the job more than I expect it. They are not just concealer but they can function as foundation too.


3. A Sweat/Water proof and Eye-opening Mascarra - I am the kind of nurse who will rub my eyes whenever I feel sleepy when I'm at work and the tendency is that mascarra will scatter under my eyes and will create a zombie look, and it isn't pretty at all. So when you're looking for a smudge, sweat and water - proof eye-opening mascarra - Magnum Big Shot Maybelline Mascarra is perfect.  I also use it as an eyebrow, just to fill in the patches on my brows when I want a no-make up look.



4. Multipurpose Color on Cheeks and Lip - I love beauty products that are versatile. Maybelline Sensational Liquid Matte and KJM Cheek and Lip Tint are my favorites. They are multifunction products, you can apply it as a lip tint either gradient or in full, as eyeshadow (why not?) and blush. Just like a nurse, versatility is one of our character.





5. Oil Blotting Paper - It is my essential paper on my bag. I can't leave the house without my blotting paper. I believe it is a must-have for nurses who have oily skin. Instead of bringing a rolled tissue or handkerchief, why not bring your favorite oil blotting paper. It is gentle to delicate skin and  absorbs oil effectively.


6. Favorite Facial Mist - When you don't have time to wash your face or just want to hydrate your skin during or after a long hours of work, you can just  spray this Luxe Organix Hydro Firming Mist. It is perfect for all skin types and moisturizes your face. It is one of my necessities during duties, especially on evening shift. I don't have time to wash my face and put some moisturizer, this mist is my savior.



Nobody knows the importance of making time for oneself like nurses. If you want to show care to your patients, be a good example to yourself. Besides, having a well balanced nutrition, good sleep , skin care routine and active exercise  should be part of your nurses notes, if not all of them, atleast an eight hours of sleep during day off.